All part-time and adjunct faculty are welcome to take part in the Faculty Institute at any time during the semester. The Institute encourages part-time and adjunct faculty to engage in professional development at WCC and earn monthly stipends.
Part-time and adjunct faculty will receive a $25 stipend for attending professional development sessions offered by the Teaching and Learning Center and listed with one of the tags below:
- Workplace Effectiveness
Guidelines for Stipends:
- Attendees are required to register in advance for the session
- Attendees must attend the FULL session
- Stipend payment will be limited to 8 sessions per month
- Stipend payment will be paid monthly, usually by the last check of the following month
Here’s how you can find out about TLC events offered:
- View the schedule on WCC’s professional development registration and tracking system, KALPA
- Follow these instructions to find sessions that count
- Look in your inbox for the “Your Development Matters: Check Out This Week’s Events” emails sent from The Teaching and Learning Center every Monday morning.
- Complete a Lynda.com training (all online) from the Faculty Professional Development playlist.