All part-time and adjunct faculty are welcome to take part in the Faculty Institute at any time during the semester. The Institute encourages part-time and adjunct faculty to engage in professional development at WCC and earn monthly stipends.
Part-time and adjunct faculty will receive a $25 stipend for attending professional development sessions offered by the Teaching and Learning Center and listed with one of the tags below:
- Workplace Effectiveness
Guidelines for Stipends:
- Attendees are required to registered in advance for the session
- Attendees must attend the FULL session
- Attendees must be actively teaching to earn stipends
- Stipend payment will be limited to 4 sessions per month
- Stipend payment will be paid monthly, usually by the last check of the following month
Register for these sessions in KALPA to receive stipends. Look for Fall and Winter semester Kick-Off sessions before each semester begins and for monthly lunch and learns, where you get to enjoy a free lunch and learn useful information.
Here’s how you can find out about TLC events offered:
- View the schedule on WCC’s professional development registration and tracking system, KALPA
- Follow these instructions to find sessions that count
- Look in your inbox for the “Your Development Matters: Check Out This Week’s Events” emails sent from The Teaching and Learning Center every Monday morning.
- Complete a LinkedIn Learning course (all self-paced, online) from the Faculty LinkedIn Learning page on the Teaching & Learning Center’s Blackboard site
- Follow these instructions for help logging in